What is Digital PCR?
Digital PCR is a method for precise, highly sensitive quantification of nucleic acids.
Digital PCR measurements are performed by dividing a sample into thousands of small independent reactions so that each micro-chamber contains either one or zero copies of the target. Statistical methods are then used to calculate the original concentrations based on the number of positive and negative micro-chambers
Which applications can be used with Digital PCR?
- Rare mutation detection- mostly for cancer
- Copy Number Variation (CNV)
- NGS libraries quantification
- Oncology liquid biopsy mutation detection
- Absolute quantification for viral load
- Low level pathogen detection
- Gene Expression Analysis- for rare mRNA or miRNA target, for samples with high level of inhibition and for absolute quantification without the use of standard curve
QuantStudio™ Absolute Q™ Digital PCR System:
The Applied Biosystems QuantStudio Absolute Q Digital PCR System combines the power of digital PCR (dPCR) absolute quantification with the simplicity of a qPCR workflow, using the unique Microfluidic Array Plate (MAP) technology. This proprietary technology enables consistent and automated compartmentalization of a sample into 20,000 microchambers with best-in-class <1% coefficient of variation (CV). Unlike other digital PCR systems, MAP technology does not use emulsion or other droplet-based methods to compartmentalize reactions. Rather, utilizing distribution channels, the reagent is delivered to the microchambers with great precision and consistency.
The QuantStudio Absolute Q system provides a high quality, consistent, and easy-to-use solution for researchers who want to join the quantification revolution.
Key features of the QuantStudio Absolute Q system:
- Easyand convenient qPCR-like workflow with only 5 minutes of hands-on time
- Oneinstrument for all workflow: amplification >> fluorescence reading and analysis which reduced manual input errors and requires a smaller footprint
- Fastreaction time: the complete run time takes less than 90 minutes (!)
- Consistency– 20,000 consistent micro-reaction per sample
- Flexibility– you can run 4, 8, 12 or 16 sample at a time, and reuse the plate
- Multiplexing– the instrument can read 5 fluorescence dyes which enables you to detect 4 targets or two SNPs in one sample
- Powerful and intuitive software– enables intuitive setup, monitoring, and analysis and gives confidence in the data by auto false-positive rejection
- Security, auditing, and e-signature features to support 21 CFR Part 11compliance